Redemption's End

Session 1

The Journey Begins...

DM: Looking for work each of you was drawn to a particularly seedy tavern in the common quarter of Stormreach. there’s a table with a man looking for a bounty hunter next to the bar with a sweaty-looking bartender. several patrons mill around.

Oomaru: Oomaru strolls into the tavern and makes a bee-line for the waitress to get started on his first pint of the night when he sees a man who appears to be patitioning for new hires. Being cautious he first decides to sit down at an empty table and watch him.

Veyr: Making her way into the tavern, a young woman with fiery red red hair glances about the room. She sniffs slightly, making a briefly disgusted face at the smell of brew and other… unsavory odors in the air, before moving to a convieniently cleared table. Her clothes are obviously self-mended, a travel cloak hanging down her back to brush at the panneled floors and around her right eyes in an elaborate tattoo: both her upper and lower eyelids are solid black around her dull green irises, and barbs protrude across her face.

Mardove: A woman with white skin, jet black hair, and purpleish eyes approaches from the corner. She wears a heavy cloak that hides her face from most angles. She appears aloof, but is also intrigued by the opportunity for work.

Hildegarde: Hildegarde enters the tavern rather loudly, and makes a quick glance around to check her surroundings. She notices the man at the bar, and approaches a stool next to him.

Gromak: Limping into the tavern, a half-orc does his best to avoid drawing attention to himself. Being very nearly the largest creature in the room, and wearing the tattered robes of a monk , this tactic does not work very well. Quickly, he makes his way to the bar and sits down.

DM: “HellO! Someone outfitted such as yourselves must be looking to make some money!” the Agent announces. “My master, who shall remain unnamed wishes to hire people much like you to eliminate a problem for Him. You see there’s this man on an island not far from here calling himself a prophet, and he’s generated quite a following. The trouble is he’s costing a lot of important people money. If you’re interested, I can sign you on.”

Oomaru: At the mention of money, Oomaru’s interest was drawn from the tankard which recently appeared in front of him. Lots of people could mean lots of money, he thought to himself, Best to at least check it out. He got up and strode over to the man to inquire of the payment

Veyr: “And what, pray tell, would the payment be?” the redhead asks, sneering toward the man for a moment after lowering herself into the chair to rock it back.

DM: “Well now I believe the master was offeri-” the agent starts to say. He’s cut off by sudden shouting from over next to the fireplace. “What Do you Mean Bacon isn’t the most delicios food on earth!” the Drunken man roars. Bacon is the best thing since.. since.. Well Since forever!"

Hildegarde: Hildegarde snorts back a laugh. She turns towards the drunken man. “Is now REALLY the time to debate the merits of delicious pork?” She turns back towards the man at the bar. “I’m interested if the pay is good,” Hildegarde responds, looking the man square in the eye. She waits expectantly for a response, confident that the offer will be to low for gnome of her many talents.

DM: The now flustered agent replies "Well as I was saying, my master is offering six hundred platinum for proof that the “prophet” is dead. he said something about a bonus if the cult was destroyed too…"

Gromak: Gromak thought better of ordering a drink when he heard the man’s offer and had begun to make his way around towards him when the shouting started. Usually he would have avoided any conflict that didn’t effect him, but he needed funds and the money offered was just too good to pass up. Coming to a stop near the agent he asked, “What is this prophet preaching, and why does your master wish him stopped?”

DM: “The master wasn’t that specific, and I’m sure some of that would give away his identity. He REALLY wanted to avoid that.” the agent mumbles.

Oomaru: “And is that per individual or to be spread amongst the group?” Trust was never his strong point and his cynacism was showing through. Although he did see a potential exploit in the ‘per individual’ clause as his mind drifting to the nearby forrest.

DM: “The Reward was to be divided equally, but the bonus goes as the master sees fit.” The agent replies, happy to be off the hook.

Veyr: “And why should we trust one who is so unwilling to come foward to speak for himself?” The Witch, for that is as her tattoos mark her to be, asks. She glances toward the oddly-garbed Half-Orc momentarily before casually remarking, “I am sure this… ‘master’ is simply threatened by another who may yet claim some semblance of power as they understand it.” Toward Oomaru, she gives a sneer. “Why should we be obligated to work with one another?”

Hildegarde: Not one to turn down a challenge or the possibility of bonus pay, Hildegarde is intrigued by the job. However, she remains skeptical of the situation, the others in the tavern, and the secrecy surrounding the job. “I am not normally one to work with others, especially those I do not know well. With no knowledge of what the bonus may be or with how many I will have to split my pay, why should I be inclined to take this job?”

DM: “ladies,my job is only to hire people to do a job. I’ve told you what I’m allowed other than the master doesn’t care how it gets done so long as there’s proof.”

Gromak: “I find myself in agreement with the gnome.” Gromak grumbled. “I do not like working with others normally… but if we have so little to go on, having someone around might come in handy.” He bowed to the agent. “I, Gromak of the fallen temple, offer my services to your master and will accompany any others who wish to undertake this quest.

Oomaru: “Well, so long as you buy me another drink I see no reason to sit here on my haunches, althought keep in mind that I pledge loyalty to no one. Only my services.”

V: “And how little you have been told in turn,” Veyr responds coldly. “Clearly, you are close in his confidences.” She makes a dismissive gesture toward Gromak. “You look the type to end up in more trouble than you’re worth with your talk of oaths. I will accompany you, I suppose; perchance I shall even line my pockets.”

Hildegarde: “I agree to take on this task; however, I remain wary of the situation.” Hildegarde leans back and adjusts her purple braid. “Bartender, get me a coffee please. If I am to work with others, I’m sure I will need it”. She looks dismissively at Oomaru and Gromak.

Gromak: Gromak looked pleased they had accepted his invitation, but knew that he could trust none of them. “Then we shall go together and see what we may. Tell us how to reach this island and we shall complete your task.”

Mardove: Mardove edges over to the table and pauses for a moment, half of her seems to want to run away, but the other half suppresses that urge and desperately reaches for the pen. She signs the contract quickly and backs away.

V: “I would presume we shall have to cross some water, dear half-orc,” Veyr notes drily.

DM: “Yes, the ship leaves in the morning. Here are your tickets, and good lu-” The agent is interrupted by a flying mug that hits him solidly in the jaw. “I TOLD YOU BACON WAS THE BEST THING EVER!” Screams the drunken lout by the fireplace. his companion yells “YOU CAN WIPE YOUR CATS ARSE WITH BACON FOR ALL I CARE!” and shoves him across the room. The first drunk smashes through the table.

Hildegarde: Hildegarde finishes her coffee, and wrinkles her nose at the foul taste. She throws the mug at the drunkard in the corner, hoping to hit the drunkard that’s shouting about pork. “Bartender, I’ll take another coffee, with a splash of brandy this time to cover the foulness.” She looks at Veyr. “I can tell this will make for interesting company. Wouldn’t you agree, witch?” She places her hand on Gromak’s shoulder. “Perhaps we should all enjoy a round.”

Gromak: “I think perhaps I will say goodnight to you. I must meditate before we leave on our journey.” Gromak takes the ticket from the agent and bows once more before leaving the rapidly deteriorating atmosphere of the tavern.

V: “Goodnight?” Veyr eyes the Orc again. “Perhaps your vision is fouler than your appearance,” she notes before glancing toward the gnome. “With company as ‘interesting’ as these, I suspect we’ll have no lack for excitement. And much lack for sleep.”

Mardove: Mardove takes a ticket before quickly dissappearing into the night.

Oomaru: Oomaru grunts irritably taking his ticket and heading back to the bar mumbling something about an owed drink.

Comments

eriktheblue motas88

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.